Nuclear safety engineer (F/H)
The candidate for the nuclear safety team member position will be part of a nuclear safety team integrating personnel from AREVA and other organizations.
The suitable candidate will be involved in a range of activities within the nuclear safety team, including (but not limited to) the following:
- review, update, and / or draft technical procedures, instructions, notices... (Word)
- access, handle and update data within databases (Excel, Access),
- investigate unexpected events in the field,
- perform flash observations in the field,
- organize meetings or workshops and draft minutes of meetings,
- draft, update and/or follow up action plans,
- communicate with other internal and external staff by means of phone, emails (Outlook), visual messages and / or presentations (Powerpoint),
- other related tasks as required by the team.
The position requires a sufficient level of autonomy in the planning and performance of daily tasks. An initial support and guidance will be provided by the team members during the first weeks following the appointment.
To perform those tasks, the suitable candidates shall show sufficient proficiency in the following:
- Essential skills:
- good command of technical English (written and spoken),
- Pressurized Water Reactor knowledge (general description, main process systems, operation modes…),
- practical experience in risk assessment activities,
- practical knowledge of nuclear safety regulations and guidelines,
- knowledge of the fundamentals of Nuclear Safety Culture (IAEA INSAG 4 publication, WANO key organizational parameters),
- practical experience of root cause analysis,
- practical experience of corrective and preventive actions proposals, and followup of action plans,
- good command of MS Office software (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
The listed skills shall be achieved either by educational background and / or by work experience in a relevant industry or project